Email (professional): email@example.com
Email (personal): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +65 88088936
Co-founder & CTO at AnapiFeb 2018 - Current
- Managed and mentored distributed development team
- Setup processes for product development and sprints
- Developed B2B policy management system using React, supported by a REST API written in Clojure over PostgreSQL
- Developed insurance distribution application in partnership with insurers using React and Stripe Connect to route payment transfers
- Responsible for deployment of entire technology stack onto AWS via Terraform, pentesting and secure code verification requirements
VP of Engineering at CourexFeb 2017 - Jan 2018
- Developed internal applications to bridge legacy warehouse management systems for omnichannel logistics and ecommerce selling onto platforms like Lazada and Shopee in Haskell
- Developed SSO for bridging multiple internal applications
- Mentored engineers across inventory management and transport teams
Senior software engineer at ZaloraSep 2013 - Jan 2017
- Developed micro services for supporting ecommerce store (e.g. recommendations for SKUs) in Haskell
- Worked with the ecommerce team in fixing and refactoring various outstanding issues from the inherited legacy PHP codebase
- Worked with the mobile team to develop a logging system in their Golang codebase
- Worked with marketing team to develop data analytics and engineering pipelines used for decision making and channel attribution in R and Python
Kenny is a combination of everything you could ask for in an ideal CTO / VP Engineering / technical cofounder / technical manager: very practical, knowledgable and experienced in every single step of the engineering process; phenomenal interpersonal skills; and most importantly, having a good heart and caring so much about the product, the company, and the people he works with. To me, Kenny was not only an awesome colleague that I was so lucky to work with but also, has been a great mentor and a great friend that I am thankful and honored to have.
Dat Le, Head of Data at FoodPanda
His investigative mind also provides a valuable asset when it comes to analysing bigger data sets. He's persistent enough to follow up and hunt down subtle data inconsistencies while always maintaining the bigger picture. In any undertaking he always showed a very principled, scientific approach that is at the same time very much aimed at solving the problem at hand.
Soenke Hahn, Director of Software at Originate
Kenny Shen is passionate about, eager to and capable of understanding complex problems and efficient in finding practical and correct solutions.
Simon Hengel, author & maintainer of Hspec
He's got brains and is not afraid to use them to build smart tech, in short, he's awesome!
George Kesselman, Co-founder & CEO at Anapi
He is an experienced engineering manager that has a great personality and is strongly passionate about engineering practices and team culture.
Ernest Sim, Co-founder & CTO at Grain
I've known Kenny for years in both personal and professional capacity. There are very few people who possess the finesse of knowing how to craft the right solution to solve a problem. Kenny is one of them. He is well-liked as a team member, always willing to go the extra mile to impart knowledge or to add the extra push to deliver a project. How he got to where he is today wasn't easy. Please ask him! I count myself extremely fortunate to have worked with him, but also unfortunate that the stint could not be longer. Needless to say, I'd relish another chance to work with him again.
Wong Liang Zan, Co-founder & CTO at Propine Capital
I had the pleasure working with Kenny as an Intern at Anapi. As the CTO, he placed emphasis on communication and collaboration, which maximized productivity of the team. He is frank with his opinions, which prevents the team from sweeping problems under the rug. As a mentor, he provides clarity and expert advice in complex technical matters. As such, I still seek his opinion on various technical problems. He is also adept at good coding practices and provides guidance to developers to write quality programs. He often mentions "less code is good code".
2017 - current
Studying for Bsc (Honours) Mathematics
1995 - 1998
Presbyterian High School